"It's not a purse!"

For those other men who go shopping for bags, only to be discouraged by the fact that everything has more than a hint of femininity, here's an interesting page with plenty of links and pictures of various man-bags, entitled, appropriately enough:

Or, of course, you can always treat your more adventurous side with a WWII "MkVII" British Gas Mask Bag. Ah, the hidden joys in army surplus stores....


Syndicate content

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

If you get something big

If you get something big enough, it stops being in the realm of the purse and becomes a satchel :P. I'm a big fan of the WiseWalker Tote, sold at the Container Store. It has convenient pouches for everything from a book, to a water bottle, to keys, and it is durable enough that is has already survived three months of constant use without any sign of wear (for reference, I am not gentle with my stuff and I've never had a textbook that didn't look like crap after 2 weeks). Check it out.


H&M man-bag

H&M in the UK (and perhaps elsewhere) are selling a man-bag this year that's not unlike the "Indy" gas bag. A few more details -- it has a couple of side pockets for items like mobiles and mp3 players that Indy probably wouldn't have needed -- but it's a nice simple bag if you need something big and not too fussy. Comes in green (and I think there's a brown and maybe a black too), made of canvas with webbing shoulder strap. I tend to drag it around at weekends if I'm in the shops and want something to carry smaller purchases in.

Fairly cheap too. Under £10 if I recall correctly.

I would give you a link, but the H&M website is a horrible Flash thing that doesn't even seem to give you access to a proper catalog!
Neal | http://porkpop.blogspot.com/

In the UK the women's

In the UK the women's version is called a 'handbag' so I'd suggest 'him-bag' or 'homme-bag'