v1: DIY Notes - One Page at a Time (deprecated)
This application has been replaced by Dynamic Templates v2.x: The Next Generation. Please use the link to the left
This is the yet another installment of the Digital Dynamic Templates, a series of cross platform applications that should ease the load on the folks who make templates. This program generates all the different "Notes" pages (like in this template collection) using the basic D*I*Y Planner look and feel.
- Plain Lined
- Plain Lined with a Grey Column
- Grey Lined with a Grey Column
- Cornell Notes (plain)
- Cornell Notes with Grid and Lines
When I previewed these to Doug, he said:
Heh, soon you're going to give me no reason to update the DiyP at all.
Of course, that might make me very happy. ;-)
You betcha ! This will allow folks like Doug to move on to other tasks and eliminate the drudgery of producing multiple versions of the templates for all the different paper sizes.
This is multi-platform software. Below are download links for pre-built, static, binary applications for both Windows and Mac OS X as well as the source code. Through the Nordic Magic of the Qt Libraries, both of these applications were built from the same source code. This source can be built on any platform supported for Qt 4.3
Here's a shot of the Mac version:
And here's the Windows version:
- Be sure you have the font "Blue Highway" installed as it is hard coded into the application
- Use the "Page Setup" button to set paper size
- Use the Margin controls to set your margins
- Set your line width to look good on the display.
- Set the page title and the title alignment (left, centered, right)
- The "Print" button will send the page through your printer drivers.
- The "Save PDF" button will create a PDF file.
- INTERNATIONALIZATION: Two simple changes -- the addition of translation files, and the addition of a locale string in parentheses in the title bar. The string in the title bar lets you know what your system is looking for. The translation file name is "DIY_Notes_LOCALE.qm" For the translations to work, the string in the title bar has to match the LOCALE part of the translations file and the translation file needs to be located in the same directory as the application. A slight renaming of the translation file may be necessary as the locale consists of both a language and a country indicator.
License granted to me (Dan White) by Douglas Johnston to duplicate the D*I*Y Planner forms look and feel under the Creative Commons NC-ND License. The source code is declared under GNU GPL.
That's part of the Nordic Magic. It should be multi-lingual. Please let me know if you have any language related difficulties