Help with old-fashioned writing tools?

I just got a writing set called Scribe's Treasure. It's a nice set, but I can't figure out how to use the items in it. I'm hoping maybe someone here knows. It has dip pens and inkwells, a wooden blotter (curved thingie with blotter papers that should go with it, but I'm not sure how exactly), and a burner (for filling with alcohol? lamp oil?) for melting sealing wax in a wax spoon. Can anyone tell me how to use any of these things? Or direct me to instructions someplace?

Syndicate content

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Head on over to the Fountain Pen Network

Do searches for the various items over there and you'll find all kinds of information, including how-to's.

Google is your friend

What is an Ink Blotter ?
Alcohol Burner/Lamp For Melting Wax
How to use Sealing Wax

By the way, thank you for "making me look" :) makes custom wax seals from artwork. I have been wanting to get a custom seal for myself for a while but never located a vendor to do the work.
"I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)