I work as a personal/executive assistant.
There is one question that always poses a head scratcher in my line of work when going to work for someone new - diary management.
It can mean everything from:
- a paper planner on boss' desk (lots of running in an out to check/add dates on my part)
- some form of computer calendar on both our desks (best case scenario)
- paper planner on boss' desk/computer version on mine shadowing the paper planner so the rest of the company can make appointments (very messy)
- paper planner on boss' desk (pocket planner for travel) - and computer on mine (major headache)
- some form of mobile gadget that is supposed to sync with computer calendar and boss' desk (and mine if I'm lucky)
Now I gather that most of us are passionate enough about our diaries and planners to manage our own, thank-you-very-much-for-asking. :)
For those of you who have to coordinate closely with other people and share the content of your planners - how do you go about this?