Multivalent and 4-up Printing for Hipster
OK, I promised Civil over here that I would show how to do 4-up printing of Hipster cards.
He gave me a 4-page PDF file of Hipster size pages
|| Page 2
The magical command is:
java -classpath ./Multivalent20060102.jar tool.pdf.Impose -verbose -nup 4 -sep 1 -paper 6x10in Original.pdf
- java -classpath ./Multivalent20060102.jar invokes Java and points to the jar file or Java archive
- tool.pdf.Impose this is the specific tool we are using - the imposition tool
- -verbose be verbose about it
- -nup 4 we are doing a 4-up, 2 by 2 layout
- -sep 1 with a 1 (?)pixel separator between pages
- -paper 6x10in onto 6 by 10 inch paper. If I did not include this, it would do the 4-up onto the size of the first page: 3 by 5 inches
- Original.pdf and the incoming PDF file
And the resulting PDF is :
You print it using Adobe Reader, set Page Scaling to "None", and check "AUto-Rotate and Center" unless you are confident of the top and left margins not chopping off something important.
The resulting 4-up page is attached for your amusement.